Monochromatic Looks

Hello everyone, Happy Halloween!
I know this is going to come as a shock to you die hard Halloween lovers but Halloween is actually one of my least favorite holidays... I know, I know don't kill me! I am such a chicken about all the spooky, creepy things that come with Halloween, like the scary costumes and horror movies. It's crazy how much we change as we age. I used to be able to watch scary movies all the time and now I have to watch them with closed eyes and plugged ears ha ha! However; I do think it can be fun to dress up and this year was especially fun because it was my son's first Halloween!  Everything is more fun with a child and its so neat to watch them experience things for the first time! Knox, my two sisters and I were all characters from Winnie the Pooh this year, my favorite childhood cartoon. My sister Amanda was Tiger, Paige was Piglet ,I was Winnie the Pooh and Knox was the honey pot, which worked out perfectly because I wanted him to be something that I could hold since he is not walking just yet. 

 My CRAZY talented mom, actually made Knox's costume in literally 2 days, and made my sisters in about 1 hour lol. I do not know why all of her sewing abilities skipped my generation but I am super sad about it. Knox was so stinking cute in his costume and I loved that it was original and we didn't see anyone else in the same costume! That is the beauty of homemade costumes! Anyways enough about Halloween and on to the good stuff!


This past Sunday Knox was dedicated at our Church. It was something that means so much to me and will be a memory we always cherish. Since this was such a special occasion, I wanted to look nice and put together. One of my favorite ways to elevate any look is to dress in monochromatic colors, especially neutrals. So I chose this all white look to wear to the baby's dedication. 


I loved this look because it was easy and comfortable but looked like I tried way harder than I actually did.  All white is also kind of angelic to me, so I dressed the baby in ivory and creams too and it just felt right for the dedication.  I have never been a believer in the "No white after Labor Day," rule, and in all honestly I prefer all white in the fall and winter more than I do in the summer. I think people are starting to let go of that old way of thinking and are realizing how versatile white can be in their wardrobe. To me all white is timeless and clean, and can work for every occasion! 

The trick to pulling off a monochromatic outfit is varying the shades of color and textures.For this look I paired these crisp white distressed jeans, with the cream and ivory of my cardigan and camisole to add some variety. Texture is key in a monochromatic look, it will not work if every piece is the same material. Think about pairing leather pants with a long chunky knit, or suede over the knee boots with a shorter cotton dress. The juxtaposition of the pieces creates a cohesive, pleasing look to the eye. I added pops of camel with my booties and belt to give this look some dimension and break it up a bit. I think they really tied this look together perfectly!   

I loved this look so much I have already started planning my next monochromatic look and want to make this a series for the blog. Women are always looking for different ways to spruce up their same old wardrobe so I hope this post gave you some inspiration!

Jeans: Articles of Society from Nordstrom
Similar Pair 37% off: Article of Society Jeans

Free People Cardigan: Oversized Free People Cardigan

Camisole:Abercrombie and Fitch Lace Cami

Be Well, 

Katelyn

" What is a Mummy's favorite type of music?"--- Wrap music......I had to do it I am sorry lol!

Comments

Popular Posts