2020 Vision Board




Hello everyone, we are ringing in the new year and it is that time again, the time when everyone is making goals, resolutions and reflecting on their previous year. The time when we all are putting our hopes and dreams into the upcoming year and hoping that this will finally be the year we are able to stick to our resolutions. I have never been big on resolutions because I don't really feel like I ever stick with them, and because truthfully, each year my resolutions are basically the same. Each year I hope to be a healthier, happier version of myself, much like the rest of the world! I also know that I am not in charge of my own life and that God is. So whatever I hope for myself in the following year, I know that God has something bigger and better, than I could ever even imagine. So a lot of time instead of making resolutions, I pray for guidance and the ability to trust God with my future. With that being said, I do think setting goals for yourself is extremely important and can go hand in hand with praying for God to direct your path. I believe God wants us to put in the work, as much as he wants us to allow him to lead our lives. I truly believe God rewards hard work and he wants to give us the desires of our hearts. So as long as you are trusting God's plan first, and then asking God to keep your goals in line with his plan, then I truly believe it will all work out in perfect harmony. One way I like to set up my goals for the year is by creating a vision board. I think hard over everything I am praying, hoping and excited for in the following year, and then I take pictures that represent each one of these and make a collage. You can create a vision board with pictures from magazines or you can get on Pinterest and create a digital vision board like I did above! Last year was the first time I had ever created a vision board, and I thought it was so fun and satisfying to look back at it a year later, that I have decided to make this an annual blog post. If you have created a vision board or even just set some goals for yourself this year, I would love to hear what they are! It can be so motivating to hear what others are trying to achieve in their own lives, and just like you all have supported me, I want to be there to support you and help cheer you on as well!

Daily Quiet Time with God

This is my top goal for the year 2020, I want to make quiet time and my daily devotional a top priority. On the days when I wake up earlier than everyone in my house, take time for myself to reflect and talk with God and read my devotional while I drinking my coffee, man those are my best days! I want to really work on making this a daily occurrence and I want it to become second nature. I know with a new baby on the way, my life is only going to get busier and more hectic, so I am determined to make this a top priority! Not only for myself but for my family as well. I know I will be a better wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter etc., if I start my day off with God. I am currently looking for a good daily devotional for women, so if there is one you recommend please comment it down below!

Growing Family

Last year I had put another baby on our vision board and this year we found out we are expecting baby boy #2 and we couldn't be more excited! I cant wait to see Knox as a big brother and watch Aaron become a father again. I have always loved my husband, but there is no deeper love than watching your husband become a father, and Aaron truly is the BEST dad. I pray that this year I am able to pour into my family and give them each the proper attention and love they need. I pray that God will make enough of me and my time to go around, this is something I am constantly worrying about. It is hard to imagine loving another child as much as I love Knox, but I know this baby boy will get here and my heart will grow in its capacity to love. I have never been a mom to multiples,  so my goal this year is to be able to master this huge life change with grace and enjoy my family above all else.

Healthy Lifestyle

Of course this wouldn't be a New Years post without some mention of wanting to be healthier in 2020. I placed a picture of an acai bowl and a mom walking with her stroller to represent my goal for a healthier lifestyle in 2020. I asked for a apple watch for my husband this year for Christmas not only cause I think they are cool, but also because I love how they help you track your activity. I have used my apple watch as a motivator to meet my activity rings each day and monitor how much or how little I have done that day. I really want to be better about working out or walking at least 30 minutes each day. I have a pretty good relationship with food and have always enjoyed eating pretty clean. I live by the 80/20 rule and try not to be too restrictive on what I eat and just make healthy choices, but I can always do better. I nursed/pumped with Knox for a year and I am really hoping to do the same for this next baby. I should have put a breast pump on my vision board ha ha! But because I am hoping to nurse again, it is so important that I fuel my body responsibly, not only for me but for my precious baby boy! Staying hydrated and eating the right foods in 2020 will be crucial for my success in this endeavor. I see lots of water and brewers yeast in my future ha!

Financial Peace 

Aaron and I worked really hard in 2020 to get out of debt and increase our savings and I want to do try and do the same in 2020. We were able to pay off my car in 2019 and I am really hoping to make a big dent in my student loans this year. With the addition of another family member, money will be tighter and I know we will need to be smart and cut back to accommodate for our growing family. Every time I get overwhelmed or think that there is no way things will work out, God blesses my family ten fold, so I need to learn to just walk by faith and trust in him in every situation. I want to be more financially disciplined and really want to instill smart money practices with our boys. There will never be a time where I do not want us to be successful financially, but I also truly know money does not make you happy and there is so much more to life. It definitely can make life easier, but it does not make your life. Aaron is so good about reminding me of this and he is the least materialistic person I know. My husband has many great qualities and one of the main ones is that he ALWAYS puts our family first over money, thank you for that A.

Kitchen Remodel

We really wanted to update our kitchen in 2019, I wanted to paint our cabinets white and change the counter tops and backsplash, but that just didn't happen. We really did have the best of intentions on getting it done, but somehow the year got away from us and something else always took priority. We were able to make a lot of other changes and updates around the house and even got as far as updating all the appliances in the kitchen, but the cabinets just didn't make the cut, That is ok though, you win some and you lose some! I really am hoping we are able to complete the kitchen this year and that gives me something to look forward to!

Blog Success

I feel like 2020 is going to my year to really step up my blogging game! I have become so inspired these last few weeks with the end of last year and the beginning of this year. I have been doing lots of research and really taking the time to figure out what my strengths and weaknesses are when it comes to my blog. Eat Drink and Be Wells truly has become such a labor of love and I want to make it as successful as I can. As scary as it is to really want something you're passionate about, it can also be extremely exciting and fulfilling. I had to take an unexpected hiatus last year, so that set me back,  but I finally feel ready to get my nose to the grind stone again! I just feel so inspired and eager to see what 2020 has in store for the blog! I am determined to grow my instagram and blog this year to where I want it to be and know it can be, and I am currently really working on taking the steps to make that happen!

Travel

Who does not want to travel this gorgeous world and see what all is out there to experience? Of course I had to add travel to my vision board and honestly, it will probably make the cut every year! I love to travel, I love to make memories and experience new and exciting things with my little family. I really want to take Knox ( and myself ha ha) to Disney, it has become quite a little bucket list of mine. I went to Universal Studios as a kid but never got to experience Disney World and I am dying to go. I became obsessed with the Disney Food blog this year and I blame her for my new found Disney addiction! I dream of going to Hawaii, Paris, Colorado,Italy, Australia, Greece, California, Ireland, Scotland, Bora Bora, and many, many other places one day, so I hope I always have the travel bug! I know traveling will be more difficult this year with Aaron's school schedule and a newborn, but I do hope we are able to do something!

So there you have it, my hopes, dreams, and goals for 2020! It is exciting to have a new year ahead and think of all the possibilities it holds! I love making these vision boards and I really feel like they help me focus my attention and hold me accountable throughout the year to not lose sight of my goals! I pray this year God takes my life and transforms it and me, for His will above all else! That is all any of us can really hope for! I hope you all enjoyed hearing about my vision board and goals for 2020 and I would love to hear about each of yours! Happy New Years everyone, thanks for stopping by!

Be Well,

Katelyn 

James 1:17- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 

Comments

Popular Posts