Festive Holiday Skirt





 


 









Happy Friday Eve everyone! This weekend we have one more Thanksgiving to attend and then our first Christmas party. We are also taking the baby to the Christmas Parade and I have never been, so I am super excited! I love being able to enjoy all these new things with the baby. There is something so whimsical about taking your children to all of these Christmas festivities that I absolutely live for.

Speaking of Christmas, how festive is this sequined skirt for the holidays? The second I saw this skirt online I snagged it because I knew it would be the perfect holiday look! It is so fun with the large sequins and they are in the most perfect deep berry color. I love that the color is a play on the traditional red of Christmas but is just different enough to wear it all winter long. I think this skirt would look so good with a silk camisole and leather jacket for New Years Eve. The skirt is made by Halogen one of my favorite brands at Nordstrom, they have great quality pieces. The inside of this skirt is lined with a jersey knit material so it feels super stretchy and comfortable on but appears so high end from the outside. I am 5'2'' and purchased a small petite for reference. I wish this skirt was just a tad shorter on me ( short girl probs) but I wear this skirt higher on my waist so that helps. We have a few Christmas parties to attend and Aaron bought me tickets to go see A Christmas Carol so this skirt may or may not be making a few appearances this season. When you have a piece in your wardrobe this fun you should show it off though, right?

I paired this skirt with a Halogen v-neck sweater that I thought the color and texture complimented this skirt perfectly. This sweater is 100% cashmere so it feels like a dream and is not scratchy at all. I also got a small petite in the sweater as well because their clothes run a little large on me. I like the look of this sweater tucked in to the skirt to bring some shape to my waist and really allows the skirt to be the hero of this outfit. Also right now this sweater is 30% off right now which is amazing for Cashmere! This would make a great Christmas present.

If you read my post a few weeks ago about my love for monochromatic looks you'll understand why I adore these two pieces together! I also really love this satin skirt and Chenille sweater from Target in the same color for a dupe of this look. You can literally never go wrong with Target!

These heels are in a size 6 in the color Dark blush, and are patent leather pumps from Steve Madden. The heel and pointed toe are so attractive on the feet and help elongate the legs with the nude color. They are definitely not my most comfortable pair of shoes, but I really love wearing these for short periods of time and I loved them with this look. They make the perfect polished addition to elevate any look.

I added this coat because it was so cold today my hands were numb by the time we were done with this shoot. I purchased this coat this time last year from J crew factory and got an amazing deal! They are really good about running 40% off through the holidays so keep a look out! This color is so stunning in person, goes with anything and the quality of this coat is out of this world. I know that this coat will last forever and I am really thinking about getting another one in a different color with the fur hood if they go on sale.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and would love to hear what everyone's weekend plans are, comment down below! There is another new Hallmark Christmas Movie this Friday and Saturday night so I am VERY busy ha. Don't forget to subscribe and follow along on the blog and Instagram to be alerted for new post and the upcoming giveaways!








Halogen Cashmere Sweater in Small Petite- $58.90 30% off in color Dark Burgundy 





Steve Madden Patent Leather Pumps- $89.90 Size 6 in Dark Blush







J Crew Factory City Coat-  Regular $228 on sale for $99 in color Heathered Mushroom size 4



Target Chenille Pullover-  on sale for $17.49 


Be Well,
Katelyn

"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup." "I planned out our whole day: First, we'll make snow angels for two hours, and then we'll go ice skating, and then we'll eat a whole roll of Toll-House cookie dough as fast as we can, and then to finish, we'll snuggle.  - If you can name this movie,we can be friends:)



Comments

Popular Posts