Food Friendly Thanksgiving Outfits

Hello my dears! We are almost a week away from Thanksgiving and I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. The whole month of October was a blur for our family. We had something every single weekend and by the way it is looking, November is going to be the same. I am really excited that Thanksgiving is just around the corner, it is one of my favorite holidays. It is no secret that Christmas is by far my favorite. I have been known to listen to mix-mas starting November 1st and my tree magically pops up early each year, but I still LOVE Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is such a sweet holiday! It reminds all of us how truly blessed we are and allows us to spend time with our loved ones in one place. I love that Thanksgiving makes us slow down from our chaotic lives and count our blessings. Having a grateful heart is a reoccurring theme in the Bible and that is no coincidence, I believe this is something that is close to God's heart. God calls us to be humble and grateful for the blessings he pours out on us. "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love endures forever" Psalms 118:29. Having a holiday that celebrates all that we have to be thankful for, with fellowship around the table and a bomb meal gives me all the feels. The spirit of the holidays is a feeling I wish we could carry with us all the time, there really is something so magical about this time of year!

I am someone who lives for traditions, and every year we do a thanksgiving dinner with my parents and a thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws. This means in one day, Aaron and I consume an unhealthy amount of carbs lol, so I have to dress accordingly. I like to look cute but still be comfortable enough to eat my weight in stuffing! So I have put together three different outfits from dressy to casual all incorporating style and comfort. Each outfit has my favorite bomber jacket from Gap in the color red delicious. I am wearing a small for reference and I am 5'2''!

#1


Outfit #1 is the most dressy with the sweater dress and riding boots, but still completely appropriate for a family get together. I paired the bomber jacket with this  sleeveless sweater dress , tassel necklace and Tory Burch Riding boots. I got these boots a few years ago during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and they have held up so well. I could not find the exact boots I have but these are very similar. The nice thing about this dress for thanksgiving is that is does not cling to your body and will not accentuate the food baby you are bound to have haha!

#2


Outfit #2 is slightly less dressy and incorporates faux leather leggings to add edge to the outfit while still being comfortable. Faux leather leggings are one of my favorite items of clothing to wear when I want to look put together but I do not want to wear jeans. The pair I have are from Lauren Conrad's line at Kohls but they are no longer available. I have been reading amazing reviews about the Spanx brand leather leggings if you are looking to invest! I paired the bomber jacket with this striped tee ( a closet staple), I love the stripes against the wine color of the bomber jacket. These black suede booties add just the right amount of texture against the faux leather to pull this outfit together!

#3


And finally outfit #3, which is the most casual of the three and also my favorite!  There is something about wearing your favorite tee shirt and high waisted denim that just makes you feel like you! I loved adding the beanie and the pop of color with the bomber jacket to bring some interest to this outfit! These jeans are nice and stretchy to help you get through the day and these new balance shoes in the color sea salt, are perfect if you decide to go Black Friday shopping after dinner!

I hope one of these options give you some inspiration to find your perfect outfit this Thanksgiving! Everyone can find something to be grateful for and I would love to hear what you all are thankful for this year! Leave me a comment below telling me what you are thankful for. I am thankful for my families health and my sweet boys!

Be Well,
Katelyn

Psalm 107:8-9 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind. For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.

Acts 2:46  And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts.

Comments

Popular Posts