Cozy Home for the Holidays

Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful week, yesterday was the babies one year check up. I was so glad to have Aaron there with us because he had to get his shots and I hate that:( Now he is home with us and playing like nothing ever happened. Knox is such a strong boy. I am a big baby when they have to prick my finger I am sore for three days ha!

Today's post is all about how to decorate your home for the holidays. If I had to chose one word to describe my theme for our home for Christmas this year , I would choose the word cozy. I love being home with my boys and snuggling with a chunky blanket and our favorite Christmas movie so cozy just works for our family. This time of year calls for staying in and enjoying the comforts of your own home, so I try my best to make our home as cozy as possible for us all.

A cozy home has to first start with a warm, inviting entry. These large, galvanized Christmas buckets have become quite the inside joke. If you didn't see my Instagram story, I had been looking for these everywhere and thought I had hit the jack pot by finding them online at Michael's. Only to be disappointed when I picked them up and they could fit in the palms of my hands. So many of you reached out with suggestions as to where I could find the size I was looking for and I finally found them on amazon. Thank you so much! I added these birch wood branches from amazon as well, to give our front door a natural element. This wreath is from Home Goods and I love the pop of red from the berries on the wreath against the blue of our front porch. This plaid scarf is draped over the bucket to cozy it up and allow our front porch to be inviting and festive. Using scarfs instead of blankets for decor is a great way to get the look you're trying to achieve for less. I want people to feel welcome and at home in our house, so I like that this is the first view our company sees when they come over.



 
One way to add in a cozy element to your home is by incorporating different textures. I am absolutely in love with these Chunky knit pillows from Target and the faux fur trim they have. They are the perfect addition to our home and our couch against the black buffalo plaid pillows we already had. I had been looking everywhere for throw pillows that had this sweater look to them and I found these on Target's website on Cyber Monday. I think I even squealed with excitement when I found them he he! Target has the absolute best selection of holiday pillows right now.


Blankets are another way to give your home a cozy feel. I love blankets as you can tell and I have about ten in my living room alone. Aaron tells me I have an addiction to blankets and throw pillows and I cant argue with his logic. I have this red plaid blanket on the back of our rocker that I found at T.J. Maxx last year. Most things in my home came from there because I love everything they have and you cant beat their prices. However; it is hard to link things because there is usually only one of each item, and for that I am sorry I know it can be frustrating! Matching the chunky knits of our pillows is this throw from T.J. Maxx, and in my opinion it is the hero of the cozy vibe I am going for. My mom found this blanket and I obsessed over it and when I couldn't find another one she was so sweet and offered it to me. I love that on one side it is the softest sweater material and on the opposite it is snow leopard faux fur that compliment the pillows perfectly. Here is a similar option from Bed Bath and Beyond and comes in 4 other colors.

No cozy home is complete in my opinion without a burning candle in every room. I am weirdly obsessed with candles and find it an obligation to burn one constantly, especially during Christmas time. Nothing can make a home feel more cozy then a delicious fragrance feeling up every room. I love the scent of Pumpkin Pecan Waffles and Marshmallow Fireside they are my two favorites from Bath and Body Works. The glow of a yummy candle is the epitome of cozy and it makes me so happy to see and smell it burning in my living room.


The best part of a cozy home is the people you share it with. Aaron, Knox and our pug Loretta are what make my home, and they are the reason I try to make our house feel warm and inviting. I love nights in with all my babies, snuggled up on the couch watching the Hallmark channel or The Office. That is when I am truly happiest. I hope you all are able to enjoy this cozy Christmas season with those you love most.

Be Well,
Katelyn





This holiday season has not been without its trials. Unfortunately, sometimes the holidays are reminders for those who do not still have their loved ones here with us. My friends have dealt with some life changing loss here lately and my heart goes out to them. This post is dedicated to them and I found two of my favorite bible verses to hopefully bring them peace in these times. I love you all more than you know.

Psalms 34:18 The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Revelations 21:14 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or  mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.






Comments

Popular Posts