Hair Bows for Adults

Hello everyone and happy Friday! I am so excited that we have made it to the weekend and this weekend Kentucky is suppose to be getting some pretty crazy weather. We had planned on going ice skating tomorrow night with some friends but I am afraid that might be getting postponed. I always think of my best friend Kayla, when Kentuckians start freaking out about snow. She is from Northern Illinois, where they get actual snow storms, and I always laugh when she talks about how we deal with snow here and how they deal with snow there.

Today's post is all about these adorable bows I found at Urban Outfitters. I am pretty notorious for getting in a hair rut and wearing it the same way everyday. When I am at work in the dental office, I almost always have my hair in a pony tail or a braid. And on the weekend its usually down either straight or curled, that's about it. This year I am really trying to be better about branching out and trying different ways to wear my hair and I thought these bows were adorable and a good place to start.

I am a long hair girl, mostly because when I had short hair, I HAD to style it or else I looked like Hagrid from Harry Potter. When it is long I feel like I can get away with doing less to my hair, it naturally just falls into place because of the weight. Now do not get me wrong, I still have a cowl lick and it still gets fluffy when I air dry it, but overall it is just easier to manage. But long hair can also make me lazy and it is easy for me to fall into that hair rut, so I was excited to try these bows for something different. I have styled my hair in easy everyday looks, but the bows elevate these simple hair styles.To style my hair for each of these looks, I first curled my hair like normal with the Nume 3-in-1 wand. I use the biggest barrel that is 1 1/2''  to get loose, larger curls. I then curl my hair in the same direction, all away from my face, and then brush it through.

For this first look I just did a low pony in a clear elastic and gathered my hair at the nape of my neck. I use these clear elastics all the time when I am doing a hair style where I want the band hidden. I also love invisabobbles because they do not crease or pull my hair! My hair stylist Jordan over at Dry Art, introduced them to me. If you are looking for a hair stylist in the Lexington area,she comes highly recommended by me! Then I just wrapped this adorable blue and white striped bow around the clear elastic band. I wrapped the bow around twice so it felt good and secure. I love the way this one turned out, its literally just an everyday low pony but the bow adds such a cute touch.

                      



For the second hair style I pulled the blue ribbon out, brushed through my pony tail and then twisted my hair in a low bun and placed another elastic around it to secure it. I pulled two pieces out in the front to frame my face for a softer look. I like my buns and hairstyles to be more messy and on the carefree side. I think they look better on my face shape when they are softer and more relaxed. I loved this polka dot bow, that color has really become a color I gravitate towards lately. I placed the bow below the bun so the bow was visible from the bottom.The best part of these bows is how easy they are because the bow is attached to a scrunchie.

Next I just did a simple, single braid, and used the black bow to secure it. I love braids, they are one of my favorite ways to wear my hair and I really loved this looks with the bow. I also really like to french braid and fishtail my hair so these bows would also be cute to accentuate those braids as well.

And the last look was also using the black bow. I brushed through my hair again and then pulled it half up, I like to start around my temples when I pull my hair back instead of around my ears cause I like more hair to be down the up, if that makes sense. I then secured my hair in the back with a clear elastic and then placed the bow. I really loved this look, it was so feminine and sweet while still being age appropriate. 

I hope these hairstyles gave you some inspiration to branch out and try something new. If you are into this trend and decide to try it , definitely let me know or tag me so I can see! Thank you all for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Be Well, 
Katelyn 

You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you. (Sol. 4:7)
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. (Prov. 31:25)
You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God. Is. 62:3



Comments

Popular Posts