Hydrafacial Review

The beginning of a new year always brings about the age old saying, "new year, new you." A lot of times that "new you" means incorporating new self care steps into your routine to make you look and feel better about yourself. Our skin is our largest organ so obviously taking care of our skin is a huge way to improve our overall appearance and self confidence. Healthy, glowing skin is something everyone notices and is something we are all always trying to obtain. I have been battling with my skin due to eczema for as long as I can remember. As a child my eczema was so bad there was not a lotion or ointment my mom hadn't tried on my skin to help relieve it. I would have to sleep with gloves taped to my hands to keep me from scratching in my sleep and I even got staff at one point. Luckily as I got older, I started to slowly out grow my eczema and now I only deal with flare ups here and there and dry skin. 

Since I have spent the last 27 years trying every cream, lotion and oil on the market, I am someone who will pay whatever or do whatever it takes to have better skin. I pride myself on how knowledgeable I am about skin care ( since I have tried everything out there) and how well I try and take care of my skin. One thing I still had not tried in my skin care routine was a facial. I was always terrified it would freak my sensitive skin out or cause me to break out, so I shied away from it. However; I kept hearing rave reviews about this new facial called the Hydrafacial and it sparked my interest. I kept hearing how moisturizing this facial was and how amazing it made your skin look and feel and I finally gave in and decided to try it.


Pure Radiance Salon is this gorgeous new spa that opened in my area and when I found out they offered Hydrafacials, I knew I had to try it. I had first came to this salon when they had originally opened for their open house in the summer and I fell in love instantly. I knew the owner personally, so I knew it would be nice because she has amazing taste and a great aesthetic, but she far exceeded my expectations. When I say the salon is absolutely stunning, that is an understatement. The salon is contemporary, stylish,chic, while remaining soothing and cozy, literally every woman's dream. I can feel my shoulders start making their way down from my ears the second I walk in and smell that amazing spa scent and hear their soothing music. Angel did such a tremendous job on the salon and is truly an inspiring boss babe.



When I went in for the hydrafacial I was so excited and slightly nervous because I wanted so badly for this facial to help my skin and not cause a freak out. When you walk into the salon their staff greets you with a smile and refreshment, and lead you to their powder room where you change into the world's softest robes. I am not sure what it is about putting on a cozy, white robe before you get pampered, but you instantly feel so special. Madison is the Salon's Aesthetican and she was so nice and knowledgeable, I would definitely recommend her.   

Madison explained to me as we began, that the hydrafacial has three steps; cleanse and peel, extract and hydrate and fuse and protect. The hydrafacial is more expensive then other facials but it is pretty much three facials in one, hence the price. The hydrafacial uses products that are solely from the hydrafacial brand and ZO skin care. ZO is a brand that is medical grade skin care that the salon carries. Side note: you can set up an appointment with the aestheticans and they can examine your skin and tailor your ZO skin care regime to your individual skin care needs. She started by slowly massaging my face with a gentle exfoliator and cleansing any makeup off of my skin. She was explaining every step to me in detail as she was working but honestly I was so relaxed it was hard to concentrate on anything ha. She explained that there are different intensities of the chemical peel but that because I had never had a facial and have sensitive skin she would use the least aggressive peel on me. Madison explained depending on the client, she tailors the peel to fit that particular persons skin needs. I never had any discomfort or itching with the peel, so when I go back I might go up to the next level peel.


Next was probably my favorite part of the facial and it was the extract and hydrate step. Madison had a high powered vacuum that sucks out all oil, dirt, debris, anything that clogs the pores and removes that from the skin. It was completely painless but was the coolest sensation, unlike anything I had ever felt before. She explained that after the facial was completed, she would show me what was removed from my skin, so I could physically see the blackheads she removed. My best friend Erika, got me hooked on Dr. Pimple Popper, so I was beyond excited to see what was being extracted from my skin. She explained that hydrafacials are especially good for acne prone skin and she has a lot of clients who see her twice a month to help clear up their skin. Once the extraction was completed she went back in and then hydrated my face with intense moisturizers to replenish the skin. This helps soothe the skin after the extractions and felt so nourishing and calming on the skin.


Finally,she began the fuse and protect step. Madison explained she was drenching the skin with intense serums that helps replenish dry, thirsty skin. The serums help with specific skin concerns like fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, hyper-pigmentation, acne scaring and helps with overall skin complexion. This step felt so amazing and I am a huge believer in serums, so I couldn't wait to be a greased chicken. The serums surprisingly soaked into my skin so nicely though and I felt extremely hydrated but I did not feel greasy at all. She also massaged the serums into the face which felt heavenly and really helps your skin absorb all the nutrients and moisture. It is the same action as using a rose quartz or jade roller to really push products into your skin to receive the full benefits.


After the facial was completed Madison showed me the blackheads that were removed from my skin and what was extracted. It was so satisfying to have instant gratification and know that they were no longer clogging my pores. I asked her if there was any contraindications after the hydrafacial and she explained you do not wash your face and try to avoid wearing makeup up the day of, to get the full benefits of the facial. Keep this in mind if you are planning on doing a hydrafacial for an event, make sure you book a few days in advance.I think this facial would be AMAZING for bride-to-bes before their big day, to help give their face that special glow. She also explained because of the exfoliation and chemical peel its best to avoid sun exposure that first day. The results of the hydrafacial continue the next few days after you have the treatment done and your skin looks better each day. I was impressed on how my skin looked right after the treatment though, it instantly appeared youthful and glowy. 

Here is a picture of my skin right after the facial was completed with no makeup and no filters. I was so thrilled with my skin after the facial and the results it provided. My makeup went on so smoothly the next few days and my skin felt so hydrated and calm. I never had any breakouts after the facial but Madison did explain that can happen, because it brings all the toxins to the surface and purges the skin, so do not be alarmed if that does happen. 

I will 100% do another hydrafacial and I am planning my next one as we speak. The results were amazing and I felt so good knowing I was treating my skin so well and reversing some of the harsh damage I have put it through in the past. The hydrafacial has definitely opened a whole new world of skin care pampering to me.I have since tried another facial, the brightening facial, which I also loved. The girl who was once terrified of facials is no more ha! 


Angel, the owner of Pure Radiance Salon has been so amazing and was so very sweet to offer my readers a discount code. If you use the code Katelyn, when scheduling your facial in the month of January you will receive 20% off. There is nothing better then being pampered and going to a salon, except going to a salon and having 20% off.


If you all have had a hydrafacial or any other facials comment down below and I would love to hear your experiences. And if you book a facial at Pure Radiance, ask for Madison and let me know what you try! Life can be hard and stressful so its refreshing to do something nice for yourself every once and a while, self love is important!


Be Well, 

Katelyn 


                                                          



Quote pictures courtesy of Pinterest

All Salon Pictures were taken by Hannah Karsner of  Gray Willow Photo Co.



Comments

Popular Posts