January 2019 Favorites


Hello everyone and happy Super Bowl Sunday! My whole family is rooting for the Rams today, but only because we are tired of seeing the Patriots win! Who is everyone else cheering for? This is my first blog post since I was recently accepted into the liketoknow.it family and I could not be more excited. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for interacting with me and supporting me in order to help me to reach this goal. I have really been trying to bring you all quality content and make this blog successful, so it was so rewarding to have that validated. The glory is to God though because without Him I am nothing, but with Him all things are possible. I am really grateful for this blessing. Overall though, I feel like this will make it so much easier for you all to navigate through my Instagram and blog and just take it to the next level.

This year I would like to do monthly favorites on the blog and review anything I have used and liked or purchased in that month. These are some of my favorite blogs to read and YouTube videos to watch, so I thought it would be fun to be on the other side too. So to start off this series, here is January 2019's favorites!

Blush

First is this IT Cosmetics Ombre Radiance blush in the color Je Ne Sais Quoi. For the past year and half or so I have been using the IT Cosmetics CC cream as my foundation and I love it. I also really like their line of brushes so I wanted to try another product from them. I had been needing a new blush and I saw this one in Ulta and it had good reviews, so I gave it a try. I have really enjoyed this blush, its long lasting, it has a great color pay off, it has the right amount of sheen and you can manipulate the color from lighter pink to darker pink, due to the ombre coloring.

T-Shirts

I have really fallen in love with the brand A New day at Target. They make great staple pieces for your wardrobe and they are super inexpensive. These rounded neck t-shirts are my new favorite layering pieces and they could not be more comfortable. I have this shirt in the colors, Gold Heather and Dark Pink, but I am going back to get more. They are normally at the already great price of $8 dollars a piece, but right now they are on sale for 2 for $14.00! Just when I think I couldn't love Target anymore than I already do, they go and out do themselves.

Loopy Case

If you are a pop-socket lover you will really enjoy this next favorite. The Loopy iPhone cases are my absolute favorite because they have the same concept of a pop-socket, but in my opinion do it so much better. The Loopy phone cases are all one piece, with a rubber loop perfectly placed on the back of the case, where your fingers loop through. I purchased my first Loopy case with my iPhone 7 plus and fell in love with it. Then when we got the iPhone Xr, I could not wait till my new one came in. This time I got the color Rose Quartz and I loved it, I have even got my mom hooked.

Hair bows

These hair bows from Urban outfitters made a special appearance in a blog post earlier this month and are being mentioned again, because I love them so much. They are comfortable, go with everything, add the cutest touch to your hairstyles and are only $6.00! I have worn them multiple times this month and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Cardigan

I have a love/ hate relationship with this next item on my favorites list. I have heard so many rave reviews about the brand BareFoot Dreams at Nordstrom, but it comes with a pretty hefty price tag, so I have tried to refrain. Buttttt when the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale came around, I finally gave in and purchased my first BareFoot Dreams cardigan, and now I understand the hype. It is literally the softest/ highest quality material I have ever felt in my life and it is incredibly warm. I wear this cardigan every single day to work over my scrubs. It has not only been a January favorite but pretty much every month since I purchased it. So I do feel a little better about the price because I have definitely got my moneys worth at this point. I still hate that the price tag is so steep, but if you can catch it on sale like I did , I would say go for it. It really is worth it!

Lip gloss

The Marc Jacob lip glosses have always been some of my favorites for years. Their formula is so nice, not sticky at all and has the perfect wash of color. I can wear them on their own or over a lipstick and either way looks great. For years I have loved the color Sugar, Sugar and Moonstone, but hadn't tried any other colors. Then the other day I was at my little sister's house and on her bathroom counter she had the color Make Me. I asked her if she wore it and she said nope, so into my purse it went, I love having sisters! It is this really cool toned purple nude with grey under tones that is so beautiful. I know that sounds like a weird  color combination to wear on your lips, but it is so unique and flattering and I have really enjoyed wearing it this month.

Bible Study

And lastly, but certainly not least, is my bible study. Sometimes the thing you enjoy the most  isn't anything you can buy, but just something that just brings you a lot of joy. I am reading the bible chronologically with some girls from my church and it has been such a great experience for me and way for me to stay in the Word. We just finished the book of Job and are now into Exodus and I am learning a lot. I have never read the entire bible so I am really hoping I can stay with it this year and complete it. This was also on my vision board for 2019 and is helping me stay accountable. I feel like each day I read something new that I never picked up on before or I read something that is pertaining to my life at this moment.

Thank you all for spending your time with me today and caring about what I have to say, it means so much. It is so hard to not doubt yourself in life in general, but especially in an endeavor like this, where you are really putting yourself out there and being so vulnerable. It is something so new for me and I still have doubtful days but I am learning a lot, gaining confidence in myself and this has been such a fun hobby for me, so thank you again for stopping by! If you have tried any new products or anything cool lately you think we would all like, I would love for you to comment it down below!


Be Well, 

Katelyn 


Psalm 107:1 (NIV) -“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV) – “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Colossians 4:2 (NIV) – “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”
Colossians 3:15 (NIV) – “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”
Psalm 69:30 (NIV) –“I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.”



Comments

Popular Posts