Valentine's Day Treats

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! Today is the 12th of February or in other words, 2 days till Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is a very polarizing holiday in my opinion, you either love it or you hate it. I can see both sides, no I do not think we need a holiday set in place to spend money to show the people in our lives how much we love them, that should be done everyday, but on the other hand I do love all things LOVE and it does give me fuzzy feelings! I am someone who has always really liked Valentine's Day, even when I was single I enjoyed spending the day with my girlfriends. My mom has always loved this holiday and I think her love for it rolled over to my sisters and I. Growing up she always got us some cute little gift like beautiful jewelry or cute socks and a lip gloss, just something small to show us she cared! Aaron is on the other end of the spectrum however ha ha, he finds Valentine's day played out and too commercial. He is a good sport about it though since I love it so much, he plays along for my benefit only! We don't make a huge deal about gifts for Valentine's Day in our house, we usually just do dinner out somewhere with a card and some flowers, and that works for us! Sorry men but Valentine's is catered more towards the women, than the men so usually the girl gets all the good stuff. If you're like me though and feel bad leaving your man empty handed, then here are some cute ways to show that special person in your life how much you care without breaking the bank! Don't get me a wrong a thoughtful gift is always appreciated, but it does not have to be the only way you show your love.



Sweet Treats

You know the old saying, " The way to a man's heart is through his stomach," well this is especially true with Aaron. There are few things in life Aaron enjoys more then a good meal, me too for that matter ha ha. So this year to show Aaron how much Knox and I truly love him we made him some fun Valentine's cupcakes. I just got white cake mix and cream cheese frosting and then Knox helped me add some red food die and pink sprinkles to make them festive. I also found this adorable Valentine's day cupcake kit at Tj Maxx that helped make them so festive. TJ Maxx always has great little themed sweet treat kits depending on the holiday! I love the way they turned out and I love that it was something Knox and I could do together for Aaron. I maybe spent 10 dollars but it's not about the money its about the thought and just small things you can do to show someone you love them.



Quality Time 

 Another way you can show someone you love them without spending a ton if money is just to spend your time with them. This is one of the five love languages and for good reason. People feel loved when you spend your previous time with them, it makes you feel special. Some of my favorite times with Aaron are just sitting on the couch and him rubbing my feet, I love a good foot rub. It doesn't matter what we are watching it just matters that we are together and can enjoy each others company. Another fun thing to do together on Valentine's is cook a meal at home together. You miss the craziness of eating out and you can make a nice romantic meal in! One year when Aaron and I were dating, he came to Lexington and made dinner for me and my best friend and it was such a fun Valentine's night.

Acts of Service 


If you cant tell I love the 5 love languages ha, this is another one, but it just makes so much sense that the love languages are a way to make someone feel special on Valentine's day. I always hear this commercial on K-Love that says most women say they would rather their husbands vacuum the house then bring them flowers, and I think there is some truth to that. If there is something you could do for your significant other that makes their life easier, it really goes a long way. Maybe this Valentine's day make the bed for your loved one, pack their lunch, take the trash out so they don't have to, wake up early and make their cup of coffee. Valentine's doesn't have to be about these huge gestures for our loved ones it can just be something small that tells your loved one they are cared for and appreciated. At the end of the day that is all we really want, to know that we are loved and appreciated!

Movie Night

This is not a ground breaking date-night idea by any means but it also one of my favorite ways to spend a night with Aaron. This year Valentine's Day falls on a Thursday and it is hard to do much in the middle of the work week, so I have a feeling a lot of people will be staying home or celebrating on the weekend. One thing you can do with your significant other or even your girlfriends is have a movie night. With the wonderful creation of Netflix, we have a million different movies at our fingertips, which makes a movie night in so easy. Get you some snacks, popcorn, candy and pick the perfect romantic comedy to enjoy together and end your Valentine's Day!

No matter how you end up spending your Valentine's, I hope you have a wonderful day with your loved ones, friends or family! Its always a good day when you can tell the people in your life how much you love them! XOXO


1 Corinthians 13:4-5: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

This is my favorite bible verse, my mom read this at our wedding and it always brings back the best memories from the best day!













Comments

Popular Posts