The Trend I Hate to Love!




Hello loves and happy Wednesday, hope you're all having a great week! I would define my personal style as pretty classic and casual with a few trendy pieces thrown in there every now and then. I like to invest in staple, classic pieces in my wardrobe and then shop at places like SheIn, Target, amazon or H&M for more inexpensive trendy pieces that I know will eventually go out of style. Have you ever had a trend grow on you, at first you don't get it and then one day it clicks? There is a trend that has been going around for a while, that I originally saw on Alexandra Garza's YouTube channel and it was all about the Golden Goose sneakers. If you are not familiar with the brand, they are a high end Italian sneaker, that is famous for being distressed and made to look worn/vintage. These shoes retail for upwards of $400-$1,000 and they are literally scuffed up and distressed to make them look more worn. When I first saw these shoes I thought it was absolutely ridiculous that anyone would pay that much money for sneakers that look that old, and I thought the shoes themselves were hideous. Fast forward a year later and now here we are and I am writing a blog post on them (man am I eating my words ha ha). I started seeing them more and more and recognizing their iconic star logo on the side of the shoes and I began to notice that outfits I always seemed to like on Instagram seemed to have the Golden Goose sneakers. Finally Mallory Irvin did a whole YouTube video dedicated to Golden Goose sneakers and showed her whole collection and from then on I was intrigued. I still do not agree with the price tag and I still think the really distressed shoes are not cute... but their was one pair that was way less distressed than all the others and I found myself coming back to those.


The pair I always gravitated towards was the White and Black Metal Logo Superstar Sneakers .This was the least distressed pair I had found, they are an all white sneaker, with a tan/beige suede star and laces and a pop of black leather on the heel. They have a rounded, toe with a thicker sole and are a very classic looking sneaker. It had a little distressing on the soles of the shoes and a small scuff on the top of the toe, but that was the only wear. I loved when I saw these styled on Instagram or Pinterest, with cropped ankle jeans and big chunky sweaters. They seemed to be the perfect everyday casual sneaker that went with everything. I also loved when Mallory Ervin would pair them with her long flowy dresses. I like that these shoes are quietly luxurious but casual enough to wear everyday.  Slowly but surely they wore me down.


There was no way I was going to spend a few hundred dollars on a pair of tennis shoes that I wasn't even sure if I liked ha ha, so I started to look at some dupes that a lot of brands were coming out with. When an item becomes trendy a lot of companies will come out with less expensive dupes that are inspired by the originals. Dupes are different from knock offs because they do not claim to be the original, they are just inspired by the original. I found this pair on SheIn and they were very similar to the pair I really liked and the price was only $30, much more my speed. They were the white rounded sneaker with a tan suede star and laces, and black leather trimmed heel, very similar to the original pair. They run very small, I usually wear a 6.5 in sneakers which is Euro size 37, and I purchased these in a Euro size 39 or a 8.5. I would go up two sizes if you chose to purchase these. They are very well made shoe and look high quality for a $30 dollar price tag.  They are so comfortable and go with everything, and I think they add the slightest touch of edge to any outfit. I love wearing them now with cropped denim and cardigans and in the spring wearing them with dresses and shorts. I cant wait for warmer weather cause I think these shoes would be so cute with a black muscle tank, tucked into high-waisted denim shorts. I am really pleased with this purchase and I see me wearing these through the spring and summer seasons, even if Aaron hates them lol.


As a mom, sneakers are something I gravitate towards on a daily basis, they are comfortable and easy and I can chase a tiny human in them. So I love having a unique pair unlike anything else I have in my closet, that adds a little something different to an everyday outfit. Now this is a trend that I know is polarizing, you'll either get it and love it or hate it and that is okay. My husband hates them ha ha and tells me I can no longer make fun of his shoe choices, but to each their own ha! Every time I have worn these on my Instagram, I have received messages about doing a review and I promised I would get this post up! I wanted to do a review on the Shein pair I purchased and let you all know how well I have liked them, in case you have been interested in this trend as well, but are not ready to bite a $400 dollar bullet. In a world where things can be so heavy and dark, it is nice sometimes to just talk about light and fun things for a few minutes! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of you week and thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to know in the comments below what you all think of this luxury sneaker trend?

Be Well,
Katelyn 

John 3:16- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believed in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - This is one of my favorites:)



Comments

Popular Posts