My Favorite Holiday Recipes

Hello my dears, we are one day away from Thanksgiving, and I am so excited! Today I am sharing my favorite go-to recipes for holiday get togethers, that are sure to be crowd pleasers. We had our first Thanksgiving this past Sunday at my cousin's house and it was so much fun to have everyone together under one roof. There were so many of us and a lot of mouths to feed, so  in order to take the pressure off of one person each family brought a dish! I chose to bring an appetizer called Martha's Won-tons for everyone to snack on before the feast, and my favorite go-to party drink, almond tea punch!

Martha's won-tons are actually called sausage won-tons but we call them Martha's won-tons because my co-worker Martha introduced them to me and she is known for them. Every time my office has a get together or snack day we all beg Martha to bring her won-tons. They are absolutely delicious and the perfect little savory bite-sized snack. They are salty, cheesy, crunchy and everyone I make them for falls in love. I had never even heard of them before Martha, and it is one of the many, many reasons why I love her. I made her give me the recipe I was so obsessed and now I bring them to all of my family and friends get togethers!

Martha's Won-tons
1 lb mild sausage
1 green pepper
1 package won-ton wrappers
approximately 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
approximately 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese

To make the won-tons you preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then you brown the sausage, drain the grease and set it aside. Next you place the individual won-ton wrappers and push them into a mini muffin tin, in order for them to hold their shape. Bake the won-ton wrappers for approximately 7 minutes in order to make them crunchy. Then you dice the green pepper into small pieces, I like to use my pamper chef chopper to make it simple. Then you mix together the sausage, green pepper, ranch dressing and cheddar cheese until the desired consistency of your choosing. Once the 7 minute timer has gone off, you add about a spoonful of the sausage mixture to each won-ton and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Then remove from oven and devour ha!
 


This recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and could not be more simple. Every time I make Martha's won-tons, I end up writing the recipe down for someone and now I can share it with all of you! This has become my favorite holiday appetizer and I look forward to bringing it to every family/friends function. Thank you so much Martha for introducing the world to your famous sausage won-tons, you're the best and I could't love you more! This post is dedicated to you, one of my favorite people in the world, you make work so fun!

My favorite go-to holiday or party drink is my mom's recipe called almond tea punch. This is one of those drinks that every time I taste it, it triggers a  happy memory. My mom and aunt have made this for years and it just brings back the best memories of my child hood. Anytime we have a family get together someone almost always makes this drink and it is always a crowd pleaser. If you are an almond lover or tea over you will thoroughly enjoy this punch! This punch has the perfect amount of fizz, acid from the citrus and sweet almond flavor to bring the holiday spirit, without being a holiday spirits, haha did you see what I did there!

Almond Tea Punch
1 cup strong tea ( 2 family sized tea bags steeped in 4 cups of water)
2 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons almond extract
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 liter of Ginger ale

Add two tea bags to 4 cups of water and microwave for 6 minutes. Then pour tea into pitcher and add sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Stir together. If you want this drink to be more of a punch, pour all ingredients, except the ginger-ale, into a gallon size bag and freeze. Once you are ready to serve, take out and thaw and add ginger ale for more of a punch. If you want this to be more of a tea, you do everything the same except freeze the mixture, and then add the ginger ale and serve over ice. Either way is absolutely delicious and depends on personal preference and time.

So there you have my favorite appetizer and drink to bring to any party to be sure you make it a hit! If you try either of these recipes be sure to comment down below and let me know what you think! Also comment down below your favorite go-to party recipes, I am always down to try new recipes! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with full bellies and even fuller hearts!

Be Well,
Katelyn

In honor of Thanksgiving I am listing below what I am grateful for this year and would love to hear what each of you is thankful for!

I am thankful for my families health first and foremost. I am so grateful that Aaron's heart function has increased from 38% to 56% and increasing. I am grateful for our physical, mental and spiritual health. I am grateful that Knox is growing into such a sweet and fun loving toddler boy. I am grateful for this sweet baby growing inside of me and the power of a woman's body. I am grateful that we paid off my car this year. I am grateful for Kroger Click List, yes I am for real. I am grateful for maternity leggings. I am grateful for our home and I am grateful for our sweet Loretta.




Comments

Popular Posts