Best Beauty Products for Dry Skin

Welcome back my loves, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Today we are talking about beauty products that have really saved my dry skin this winter. I am not sure if my dryer skin is due to this second pregnancy, or if its just the colder weather, but my eczema and skin has really taken a beating this winter. I started noticing my skin not only felt dryer but also my makeup was not going on as smoothly and nothing I had been using seemed to make a difference. So I started doing my research on beauty products and skin care that is made for dry skin and decided to give a few items a try and see if it would help! Part of being a blogger is being a guinea pig and researching and trying out new and different products, to find the diamonds in the rough and then share with all of you! I feel like all of these products below have really made the biggest difference in my skin this winter! 

Drunk Elephant Serum

This brand is slowly but surely making its way into every aspect of my skin care routine! So far , every product I have tried from their line, I have really enjoyed. This brand is known for being " Clean Compatible" , which means they only use ingredients that are not only safe but effective. All of their products are free from essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens and fragrances and dyes. While I have been trying out a lot of their products the Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil and the T.L.C. Framboose Glycolic Night Serum have made a huge difference in my dry skin this winter.  I tried out these products first in the NightBright Resurfacing Duo, which is smaller travel size of each serum, and much more cost efficient and is made to be used together. The T.L.C. Framboose serum is a pretty potent chemical exfoliator and because my skin is so sensitive, I only use it about 3-4 times per week. I have noticed a big difference in overall texture, dullness, less dry skin and my a more even skin tone since using this. I mix this serum with the Virgin Marula oil and this helps calm my skin and hydrate it completely. When I wake up in the morning my skin feels so much more hydrated and plump, and I even use it under my makeup and under my eyes before makeup application in the mornings! I absolutely love this serum, this is definitely one of my stand out products this winter!

 Bio Oil

This Bio Oil I love for using all over my skin and especially my growing, pregnant belly.  I was lucky with Knox to not get any stretch marks on my stomach and I used this throughout my whole last pregnancy. I know that stretch marks are largely hereditary and thank goodness my mom did not get them either when she was pregnant, but I like to help my skin in anyway I can. I am already dry and as your skin stretches for the growing baby, it can become more itchy or drier and this oil has really helped soothe my skin. I use this usually once a day after I shower all over my body, and especially on my pregnant belly. If you are not pregnant but have dry skin, stretch marks or any scars you want to lighten this oil is wonderful!


I first saw this moisturizer used by Cara Van Brocklin and she has the most gorgeous skin ever, so anything she recommends I like to try, I really trust her opinion! I had been previously using a Smashbox primer that was great for minimizing pores but I felt like I needed something with more hydration for the colder months. I like to use this after I use my CeraVe moisturizer as more of a makeup primer. It feels so amazing and hydrating on the skin and helps my makeup go on much more smoothly and helps it last all day! This is definitely a must-have  product for my makeup routine now. I had a gift card over Christmas to Sephora and I used it to purchase this, but they were sold out of the larger version so I had to get the travel size. Once I run out I will be repurchasing the full size, even though it is a splurge, I really haven't found a product that can beat it!


I have been using the Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Setting Powder in lavender for a few months now but I wanted to mention it today because it is one of the only powders I have ever been able to use that doesn't dry out my skin. Usually I do not set my makeup with a powder because I am so dry and it can make me look cakey and creppy. However, this powder has never dried out my skin and it gives my makeup a flawless airbrushed look, especially under my eyes. I used this powder on my younger sister and she loved it too, and then my older sister just purchased this powder in the banana shade and I am super interested if she liked that one as well! If you are on the drier side and are looking for a good setting powder, then look no further!

Not only is my skin more dry during the winter months but of course my lips are well. I had been seeing this lip product pop up everywhere for a great moisturizing lip treatment and it had amazing reviews so I thought I would give it a try. I use it during the day and the night and you do not have to rinse it off, you just apply it to the lips and it sinks in and feels wonderful! It leaves a soft sheer pink wash to the lips and has a yummy berry scent! This product won the Allure Best of Beauty 2019 Award and I can see why! A little goes a long way and it comes with quite a bit of product so it will last you a long time!

I have recently started mixing this foundation with my usual It Cosmetics CC cream for a more hydrated look through the winter. I do one pump of my CC cream and one pump of the Armani foundation and they work so well together for my dry skin. It is a very fluid foundation and has a high water concentration, so it gives more hydration to the face. I would say it is more of a sheer to medium coverage foundation and is less thick than my CC cream. Together the two are my perfect winter foundation and I really love the luminosity it gives my skin!


I briefly discussed these tan drops on my Instagram stories a few weeks back and they are still going strong in my makeup routine. They are not really made to help with dry skin but more for a sheer wash of color to help bring some life back to the skin. I am pretty pale, especially during the winter and I love the light sun-kissed look these drops add to my face. I like to wear this with or without makeup by mixing a few drops in with my moisturizer. I am mentioning these drops with my dry skin post because I do feel like they add some hydration to your face since it is a serum.

If you try any of these products please let me know if they have helped your dry skin as well, also let me know if there is any other products you recommend! I am sorry to all of my oily girls out there  because I know most of my skin care products and makeup are geared more towards normal to dry skin but this is all I have ever known! I hope this post was helpful and introduced you to some great new products to try and thank you as always for stopping by!

Be Well, 
Katelyn

Psalm 40:3- He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him.



Comments

Popular Posts